Oct 9, 2009

Mafia Wars Wisdom


I held out for a while, but once they added Moscow as a destination for the deviant I couldn't resist. And now I can't stop. The facebook game, Mafia Wars sets you up as a mafia member doing jobs, running rackets, collecting loot, fighting others who play the game, buying vehicles, armor, and weapons for your arsenal, picking people off on a hitlist, putting people on a hitlist, etc. What more can I say - the game is awesome! And it works quite well with my lifestyle. I'm on the computer pretty much 8-10 hrs a day, so I keep the game up in a tab and check in on my status every once in a while. It takes a while to earn energy and influence points to do jobs or shake down a racket, so it doesn't consume you every minute of the day like other gaming options might. But it is quite addictive. Initially I would lose just about every fight I had with another mafia, but now, after acquiring 20+ chain guns and tommy guns, etc and 25 towncars, get-away cars, etc, body armor and bullet proof vests, and as a result of loading up my defense points, I seem to be winning more than I lose. I think the key is a good defense. Afterall, in mafia wars and in life, you can't continually be on the offensive. You'll burn yourself out. Keep a low profile and run your rackets, but be ready with the whack weaponry when some punk tries to jack your sh#t.

5 comments:

  1. Aren't games basically for children?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know; I was just pulling your leg. Personally, I don't ever play electronic action games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this isn't really an action game per se. it's more like you're managing a mafia ring. so even when you fight with others, it's not like it's based on how well you aim or anything like that. it's a numbers game. who has the most guns, the most mafia, the most defense/ offence etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wont play. im afraid id get addicted.

    ReplyDelete